Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Model: RF4287HARS/XAA How do I reboot it up.

Customer Question

I have Model: RF4287HARS/XAA How do I reboot it up. Everything seems to be turned off. It can't be unplugged because the light still comes on. The Ice machine has been emptied because it was dripping, too. Help, plz. Debbier reference Refrigerator Twin 'Cooling Plus.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your unit is just stuck in demo mode for some reason. You need to press and hold the ENERGY SAVE and POWER FREEZE button for 5 seconds to see if the control panel will exit the demo mode. If that doesn't work, the display board has just failed and there is nothing you can do but order and replace the display board itself I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It no longer says Off, but the numbers are now just black. If it's back on, should I hear something like a motor sound or something??
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

yes, within 45 minutes if it hasn't turned on, try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and see if the display comes back on. If it still doesn't work, the display board is just faulty still and would still need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did press the buttons like you told me too. Let me try one more time. give me a second, I don't think it's on.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes I understand that, I replied and told you what to do next. I said

QUOTE:

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?