Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I accidentally put aluminum foi on my baked potato and put

Customer Question

i accidentally put aluminum foi on my baked potato and put it in the microwave for 9 minutes without realizing i did this and now my microwave wont come back on and it is very warm inside the microwave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Is everything dead on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK there is an internal bus fuse on the unit. Are you handy and can take it apart?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never mind I dont see anything inside the microwave and my husband is not here to help me so i want to discontinue this i dont think its right that now you want an extra $18 to talk to me personally i signed up to do this via computer so please confirm this conversation is over and i wont be charged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you please cancel my call and if i am charged i will fight the charge with my bank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you people are so concerned with money instead of helping me and passing my problem to another tech is not the solution
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I am not sure if you still need help or not but I am not requesting any more fees, so am happy to help. There is a thermal fuse inside the cabinet that has probably opened, shown as number 2 in the diagram at the link below. Let me know if this is something you think you are able to tackle.

CLICK HERE