Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I 't know. I'm a 56 year old woman trying to repair her ice

Customer Question

i don't know. I'm a 56 year old woman trying to repair her ice maker before call the repair man. ive narrowed it down to the fill tube is frozen. I used my blow dryer to melt inide the freezer. I can seem to removed it from the back of the fridge.
I don't know if ice is keeping it from coming out, or if it isn't supposed to come loose from the back.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Can you get me the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kenmore elite
Model #253.4450260A

Ok great, disconnect the line on the back of the fill valve behind the unit. Use an air duster can to make sure the line is clear. Once you have it clear try it out and it should make ice, if it does and runs fine for awhile but ices over again anytime soon you need to replace the dual valve that feeds the icemaker.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks