Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My Maytag washer just started making the most awful noise

Customer Question

My Maytag washer just started making the most awful noise yesterday as it went into the spin cycle. It was spinning but not pumping the water out. How do I get the agitator out so I can see if something got stuck where the outlet to the pump is. I don't know how to get the agitator out. It's Sunday so calling a repairman is not possible. Can you help. I have the User's Guide and I think the model is PAV3240, 3300 or 3360. It is an over-sized capacity plus washer. Thanks so much. Loretta Rosche
***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the pump is actually on the bottom on these washers. The pump is most likely going to need to be replaced. It's possible debris is stuck inside the pump. On the back is a small access panel you can see the pump from the back. The front needs to come off to gain access to the pump. On the lower front panel you'll see two screws. Once removed the front panel will come off. Make sure you unplug the unit before you start the repair.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you