Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

You there?

Customer Question

Hey kelly you there?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

What is going on with the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer won't spin. It does everything else fine but the bottom spin motor doesn't work. What do I do!

Is all the water pumping out of the machine and can you remove the front cover on the unit? IF so please do that for me now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most of the water is draining out. I would say 98% of it. Front cover is off

Ok remove the clear rubber tube on the side of the outer tub and set it to drain/SPIN does it spin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the tube out of the attachment to the tub and set it to drain spin on the control panel. It is still not spinning

OK what pattern is flashing on the motor, there is a board on top of the motor can you see the LED flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This machine is old. There are no electronics on it.

Ok have you checked the lid switch on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the control panel on the right side I unplugged and plugged it back in. What how do I know if what I did is the lid switch unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think what caused this whole thing was my fiancé threw a load in there that was too big.

Ok on minute let me check something.

Can you get at and check the lid switch to see if the switch is actually working, it may have gotten ripped off with the heavy load. Look at the oval hole where the lid switch is off to the right on the top...if you press in there does it click? Is there a white tab flush with that hole?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see an oval hole behind the control panel.

NOt behind the control panel, when you lift the lid off to the right on the top.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything looks fine

Does the switch activate when pressing it down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear a clicking sound. Seems to be good.

OK do you have a motor with a brown wire plug off to the right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't look like it. On my spinning motor it appears I have a variety of wire colors running to it. I am referring to the motor beneath the tub

Can you upload a picture of the motor on it as they have had a lot of design changes on that unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not letting me upload a pic

Got the pic that is the old style motor for sure, does the motor ever come on during SPIN at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know because we just bought this house and these came with it.

If you set it to DRAIN and spin the pump should run and the motor should at least rotate does it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. It doesn't do anything. There is a small drain motor on the right that runs.

Ok if it does nothing I would say you have a bad timer contact then on the unit. If the lid switch is good and it agitates, the timer contact would be the only thing that can be burned out causing that issue....here is a link to the part...CLICK HERE

This is an old machine so I do not know how much money you really want to put into it, it might be worth looking into a new machine.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks