Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Bosch b20cs50sns02 freezer not cooling. First noticed /c not

Customer Question

Bosch b20cs50sns02 freezer not cooling. First noticed b/c not making cubes. Remains water in tray
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Is the compressor running behind the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does the compressor look like?

The compressor is the large black roundish ball behind the unit. You have to remove the rear lower panel behind the unit to see it.

Yes you can clean it back to new, just follow these directions

Materials

• 1 cup of vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons of baking soda
  • 1 cup of water (give or take depending on the size of your pan)
  • A burnt stainless steel pan that was left empty and unattended on a heated hot plate. oops!.
  • A scourer, because I can't find any way to avoid it entirely

Instructions

1. Fill the bottom of the pan with a layer of water.

2. Add the vinegar.

3. Bring the pan to the boil. It should be looking a bit cleaner already.

4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the baking soda. Expect fizz!

5. Empty the pan and scour as normal; if necessary add an extra bit of dry baking soda.

6. If there are any super stubborn marks that don't come off with scouring, make a paste of baking soda and a couple of drops of water. Leave the paste on the marks for a while and return to clean as normal.

7. Ta-da! Now you can put your feet up and enjoy the many hours you saved yourself standing over the sink.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's too late for me to pull out the fridge and take off the panel to find the compressor now. This will have to wait until tomorrow. Question: are you recommending I ruin a cooking pan to prepare a cleansing concoction?

No just use a plastic bucket or ice cream pail to do that.