Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have the amana fridge with the freezer working and not the

Customer Question

Have the amana fridge with the freezer working and not the fridge part. Turned off power and have let it sit for an hour how can I speed things up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

is there any frost on the rear panel of the freezer section?under the grill , can you hear a fan running in the freezer? thx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you telling me to remove the back and as I have researched their could be a build of ice but what tools sorry this is new to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like what kind of tool to remove square bolts
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

no ,if you open the freezer drawer and look at the rear panel or feel at the back ,is there a coating of frost on that rear panel ,and also can you hear a fan running with that drawer open?thx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can this be melted with a blow dryer? without moving anything from back of fridge
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

so there is frost ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, with everything intact since I don't know if I have any tools to remove ??? I was wondering what would it take to melt form the inside, everything is cleaned out, I have not opened anything
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours with the doors open, it will take all of that time to thaw. Then, you will need to get a technician out to diagnose what part in the defrost circuit has failed.