Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Dacor rv36b downdraft vent. I have replaced the PCB and

Customer Question

Dacor rv36b downdraft vent.
I have replaced the PCB and tested the installation. The up-down button was sluggish so I removed it and cleaned the circuit board and buttons. After reassembling the keyboard unit and restoring power, the keypad has all LED buttons lit and nothing works.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Update: the unit suddenly decided to respond and it worked for one full cycle (one time down and off, then one time up and on). Then I turned it off again, and it sputtered to a halt halfway down and became unresponsive again. After fiddling with the circuit breaker and the up-down switch several times, the unit arbitrarily woke up again, this time retracting all the way down, after which the motor seemed to be trying to pull it further down than it could go, and then the unit proceeded to reverse itself and rise back up into the On/up position again, and then it reversed itself again and sank into the Closed position. And then it stopped responding again. No lights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Threw the circuit breaker again and the unit operated correctly for one full cycle (pressed up/down button and the unit rose to full height and hi fan turned on; pressed up/down button again and the fan turned off and the unit retraced fully. Then it stopped responding again.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

When you say you cleaned the board, can you tell me what you did and if you used any products?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob. Still vexed by this.
I used alcohol and a cotton swab to remove the grime from the circuit board. I used soap and water on the rubber keypad separately, then swabbed the contacts on the bottom of the keys with alcohol as well. All I had was 70% isopropyl, which was not ideal but shouldn't cause damage.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks

I agree, that shouldnt have been the problem

Its a bit scary what some people spray over boards and wonder why it doesnt work anymore!

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried again and this time the unit rose and the fan came on the way it was supposed to, then it started going back down by itself, but the blower was still on. I could not turn it off, and the blower motor blew.