Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have the error codes 5y and CF

Customer Question

I have the error codes 5y and CF
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, unfortunately this error code indicates a communication error has occurred. The first thing to do is to unplug the machine for 3-5 minutes. That may possibly reset the control board. If not, the main board on the bottom front will need to be replaced to fix this issue. It's actually a fairly common problem on these units. The repair on average costs roughly $350. If you're handy, you could replace the board.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way I can reset the refrigerator ? I have no lights inside the unit either. Does this relate to the error code on the control panel ?

Hi, the only ways to reset are to unplug for 5-10 minutes and to press the + and + at same time and hold for 10 seconds. This code is not resettable usually. I've never seen or heard of it anyways. That main board on the bottom always needs to be replaced to fix this issue.

Thank you