Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have Frigidaire #FRS24WNG side by side refer in Mexico

Customer Question

I have Frigidaire #FRS24WNG side by side refer in Mexico that has the hell freeezes over syndrome. Freeze works great, too great and freezes up, refer is not cold and barely reaches 65deg.
No repairman where I am, all fans seen to work but on cold air from top of unit (refer).
My guess is the refer damper control assembly but with cost about $200.00 I don't want to buy and expensive part I can't use. Used to be in the appliance business but would like to repair it replace it.
Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain what you mean by "too great"? And "freezes up"? How long does it take to "freeze up" if you thaw it all out?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freezer coils freeze-up. Takes about a day to freeze-up. No air coming out for refer side of unit. I suspect air door control
is no good. I just need someone to agree with me before I spend 175.00-200.00 on part..
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is freezing up and causing the air flow to be diminished, you have a defrost issue. There are three parts in the defrost circuit. The defrost timer is, by far, the most likely to be faulty and is available below.

CLICK HERE