Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher wont start when I push the start button

Customer Question

Hi my dishwasher wont start when I push the start button
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the unit won't start, you either have a bad door latch or you have a bad touch control panel. To determine which one is faulty, turn the dishwasher off so all the lights are off on the control panel. Next, press the start button and see if the control panel lights up. if it doesn't---you need a new touch control panel because the start button has failed. If the start button does turn the lights on, then you need a new door latch because it doesn't know that your door is shut so it won't start the cycle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I solve it, seems I have a faulty control panel
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The entire top plastic touch control panel would need to be replaced and for that you'll need the full model number which will start with a "K" for kitchen aid. It's located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?