Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We just received our bluestar 36" gas range. I am baking

Customer Question

We just received our bluestar 36" gas range. I am baking cookies and the cookies on the back are browning and the ones in front are not....can you please advise? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Did you allow an ample preheat time, at least 30 minutes? With short time baked goods, like cookies, it is important to allow ample time for "cavity conditioning" during the preheat, It is not so important with foods that take longer to bake, like roasts, etc. I suspect the second batch will come out better, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we didn't. I just waited until the blue light went off indicating that it was at the correct temp. But you think maybe we should wait a full thirty minutes instead?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is with any oven, not just that one. Of course, the control will tell you it is preheated before that, but if you put a thermometer in the oven, you will not see a steady temperature for about 30 minutes. Now, if you were baking a casserole or something that cooked longer than say 10-12 minutes, that would not be critical.