Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag washer that stopped out of balance and now

Customer Question

I have a Maytag washer that stopped out of balance and now won't do anything? Flipped fuse box, nothing, water won't come in, dead, no sound....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Raise the lid all the way and then close it. Older models need the lid switch bracket reset.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lid thing didn't work..
LAT9304AAE
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Number 31 at the link below is the out of balance switch lever. If it did not reset, you will need to remove the inside screws from the timer console cover and remove that top cover. Then, you will see the lid switch and can reset the lever so it is able to actuate the lid switch again. Be sure to unplug the washer before removing that cover!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok the cover is off...31 looks like a wire...how in the hell do I find that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is a thick metal bar, it should be right under the lid switch. See the picture at the link below. It should say number 11, my apologies.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Number 31 is the entire assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, what piece do I take off...I am looking at the part that houses the controls...is it there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The metal bar goes in between the large lid switch, number 16 and the smaller switch (number 5). It should be right under that switch assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to take off the washing machine lid to get to the switch assembly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, just the cover that is on the timer console. Take the inside screws off and it will come off.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I have an emergency I need to tend to. I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see and they will step in. I am very sorry.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am back if you are still needing assistance.