Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

The bleach container portion of my duet sport washing

Customer Question

The bleach container portion of my duet sport washing machine fills up with water during the wash cycle. I've tried cleaning the entire pull out compartment with both bleach and CLR and it seams to fix the problem but only for a short period of time. What else should I try to address the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, that's very odd. Usually one of the holes in the roof of the dispenser is clogged and spraying water into another compartment or the water valve is bad. The valve could be leaking water into the compartment. If the was the case, the water valve would need to be replaced.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you