Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a lg fridge, lfx2577 fridge/ freezer. i am getting a

Customer Question

I have a lg fridge, lfx2577 fridge/ freezer. i am getting a build of ice in the bottom of the freezer. I also have a small leak of water on the floor on the bottom front right corner under the fridge
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You have a blocked defrost drain. That drain is behind the rear wall (number 332A in the diagram at the link below), inside the freezer. You can totally disassemble the freezer to manually thaw the drain, or, what I recommend, leave the doors open for 12 hours with the refrigerator unplugged. The drain is under the aluminum evaporator coil (number 301A).

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!