Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

PFS22MISBBB - fridge was open mins other day; got to 45-47.

Customer Question

PFS22MISBBB - fridge was open for 45 mins other day; got to 45-47. Put in turbo cool and closed. Two days later noticed it was still in 40's and now freezer was 42. Turned it off/cleaned inside and clips in back. Checked board and I don't see blown solder location. 24 hours later plugged in, fan near coils runs. Fridge nor freezer ever cools, temp inside is ~70 same as outside.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Board pic
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

IS the compressor running and the fan next to the compressor blowing air?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See one fan next to coils - spins. Don't see fan near compressor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Compressor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan near coils
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GE PFS22MISBBB fridge/freezer - fridge was open for 45 mins other day; got to 45-47. Pressed turbo cool and closed door. Two days later noticed it was still in 40's in fridge and now freezer was 42. Turned it off/cleaned inside and coils in back. Checked logic board and I don't see blown solder location which was discussed in a similar thread. 24 hours later I plugged in again, fan near coils runs. Fridge nor freezer ever cools, temp inside is ~70 same as house temp basically.

OK is the compressor running and vibrating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Compressor not vibrating. Other compressor on small fridge upstairs is warm to the touch, this one is cool.

OK and that fan is running by the compressor...the one by the condenser coils?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fan by the coils is spinning.

OK then I would say the compressor relay is bad.

If that fan is running there should be power to the compressor relay, so either it is bad or the compressor is burned out, but that relay often goes bad.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which part on the fridge is the compressor relay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This it?

Yes that is it