Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Tyler: I have an Amana gas dryer NGD7200TW and it won't

Customer Question

Hi Tyler: I have an Amana gas dryer NGD7200TW and it won't start. I see an 02 code so I checked the thermistor and the reading was 12.68. It says 10k is normal at room temperature but is 12.68 too high? Should I consider replacing that before assuming it is the circuit board? I notice you say that you cannot test the circuit board and I assume if I buy one I cannot return it so I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I buy one.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

12.68 would indicate a faulty thermistor not a control. Replace the thermistor. You can get the thermistor from any local appliance parts house or for $25 by clicking here.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you