Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Frig Microwave oven FG PLMBZ209GC its been working

Customer Question

I have a Frig Microwave oven FG PLMBZ209GC its been working fine for 5-6 years but
now when we push the open door latch it wont open--we think the oven works ok but cant
openthe door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, these units are known for this issue. The actuator wears out and doesn't engage the latch all the way to open the door. The actuator rod will need to be replaced. Pull out gently on the bottom of the door while holding the button in.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you