Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Miele dishwasher. It prompts me to add salt (Somat)

Customer Question

I have a Miele dishwasher. It prompts me to add salt (Somat) and rinse aid which I do. Recently I noticed that the glasses on "China/Crystal" (the program I like to use) were cloudy and there is detergent residue on them and residue around the dispenser that has hardened. It is as though the detergent is not dissolving completely and certainly not being washed away. Could it be that the water is not getting warm enough or that there is some problem with water being dispensed through the cycle, or some other problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Is the unit filling up with water all the way and is the motor running? Can you check and see if that is happening and see if you can verify both wash arms are turning by opening the door after it washes for a little bit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I know if it is filling up? I will check to see if water arms are working and get back to you.

Just open the door after it is suppose to be washing and see how much water is in the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem solved. The plumber had turned down hot water temperature on water heater. I thought that the water was not hot enough and my husband checked the water heater.

ok great

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks