Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer will not start the sensing revising est time light

Customer Question

my dryer will not start the sensing revising est time light comes on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the full model number so that I can better assist you? The model should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kenmore elite smart heat steam care quiet pak4
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are a few things that can cause this issue. The first thing to check is your fuse. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, you can remove the lower front panel by pulling down and forward. Unplug the dryer and look behind the lint filter enclosure to the left. There is a little 1" thin flat white plastic device attached to the top of the blower wheel housing. You will need to order and replace this fuse to correct your problems if the fuse doesn't have continuity.

The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
question if the belt was broke would the drum would move when u turn it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No, the dryer will not turn the drum if the belt was broken and the motor won't turn on this unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can manual turn the drum in the dryer and my dryer is counting down like it is drying
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, so everything I said in my first answer is correct still. I know that is how your dryer is acting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what belt I need
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but you want to verify that the belt is broken before you order a new one, there are still 2 other options I gave you that can cause this problem so below is a link to the part. The part number is ***** and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for belt

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?