Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Pretty sure a mouse has chewed a hole in a hose on my Bosch

Customer Question

Pretty sure a mouse has chewed a hole in a hose on my Bosch dishwasher causing the flood switch to trip. Question is, which hose, and is need be, can a temp fix be done until I get a part (lots of people showing up tomorrow for Labor Day weekend and I need a functioning dishwasher!!!). Thanks!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It's unlikely that you can temporarily fix your dishwasher until you can get a hold of a new hose. You can certainly try but I wouldn't recommend it because it could result in flooding and ruining your kitchen floors. What I have seen people do to fix a hole in the hose is to wrap the hose with teflon pipe thread tape first, then wrap it with electrical tape afterwards. I've seen it work, but I don't recommend it. As for what hose is leaking, most likely it's the drain hose, but you'd really need to pull the dishwasher out of the cabinet and remove the left side panel to look inside and see for certain where the leak is coming from. You may need to suck up all the water in the base pan and run a cycle while it's pulled out to see where the leak is coming from. As for parts, you can order parts at Searspartsdirect.com depending on which hose is actually leaking.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?