RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

After sitting idle seasons, I went to fire up my Dometic

Customer Question

After sitting idle for two seasons, I went to fire up my Dometic RM2510 and it does not operate. No 'READY' indicator in GAS mode and no cooling in ELECTRIC mode. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IF the unit sat for that long without being used and it is not cooling on AC mode then it could be the cooling unit, the flue canister where the wires are running into should feel hot to the touch and the absorber coils should feel warm from top to bottom, normally no cooling on both sources it could be the cooling unit. IF it is not starting on LP I would go to the burner tuber and blow that area out really good, sometimes bugs and debris can get into the burner tube when these units sit. Click HERE for a service manual it should help you diagnose the issue if it is not wanting to light off on LP..... Hope this helps some.... Robert