Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have your Maytag dryer MEDC300xw1. The lint, rather than

Customer Question

I have your Maytag dryer MEDC300xw1. The lint, rather than being caught along the entire screen, is caught ONLY in the lower left hand corner of the screen. I can send a pix of the lint on the screen. Does that mean (1) the screen is too short, a design situation. (2) most of the lint is missing the screen and building up somewhere in the dryer and creating a negative situation.
Thank you for listening.
ED Harrison ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service, please be patient as it takes time for me to type, add links and research your issue. I will get back to you as soon as I can thanks!

This is normal, it is just a matter of airflow through the duct. You always will have a stronger airflow through that area as that is closest to the blower wheel. This is pretty common on most machines and there are always certain areas of every lint screen that can collect more lint than others. That does not mean the lint is going elsewhere and typically when you see that you likely do not have very linty clothes at all as you just get a light coat in that one area verses the whole screen. So Ed it is all good!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page to rate my service. This is the only way I am credited for my work and also will allow you to get directly back to me for FREE followup questions anytime. Tips are greatly appreciated thank you!