Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When the time is entered and start is pressed on microwave

Customer Question

when the cook time is entered and start is pressed on microwave the screen comes up and says close door but the microwave won't start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This means that either one of your door switches are starting to fail or the display board board is bad and will need to be replaced. you will need to take the microwave apart to access the door switches. Below is a link to a video on how to test the door switches. Access is probably different, but that's not the point. The point is to show you how to test the switches. Either replace the faulty switch, or replace the control board if all the switches check good.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?