Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore chest freezer Model # 253 16582104, after a

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore chest freezer Model # ***** 16582104, after a power outage, the numeral #6 flashes along with the temp, but freezer maintains temp but alarm goes off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this error code means that your display board has an internal short. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the control board will reset. If that doesn't work, the display board inside your control cover will need to be ordered and replaced so below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and I'm sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?