Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I want to replace the 2 halogen bulbs in my Kenmore Elite

Customer Question

I want to replace the 2 halogen bulbs in my Kenmore Elite Range hood. I have been playing with them trying to unscrew them but they do not want to come out easily and I am afraid of breaking them off in my hand. Since they are halogens, do they have a pin and the bulb pushes up and twists?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

These are really difficult to remove because you can't get a grip on the bulb. There is a suction cup tool sold to remove the light bulbs which just twist counter clockwise to remove them. Below is one that you can order if you'd like.

CLICK HERE for tool

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE for tool

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?