Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a GE dryer Model dbxr463g0ww that was working. I ran

Customer Question

I have a GE dryer Model dbxr463g0ww that was working. I ran a load of cottons and it blew the house breaker. The breaker has been replaced. Now the dryer runs but will not heat.
I read
THERMISTORS
A thermistor is a "variable resistor" whose resistance varies with temperature. Rather than just turning the heating circuit on and off as thermostats do, dryers with solid-state (computer logic board) controls can use a thermistor's input to control the drum temperature more closely. This can result in lower energy usage.
I have a meter but I don't know where it is or how to test it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

Your dryer doesn't have one - most likely the elements either shorted to ground or to each other. Don't even need your meter , you can tell by looking at the elements. You must remove the drum to access the heaters , and it is all done from the front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that will take some time. I will get back to you. thanks

If you need help figuring out how to take it apart, get back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dryer element and thermostats check out good. I think it may be a wall power problem. they replaced the breaker in the house and now the washer plugs to not work. Landlord is going to check it out this week. So my dryer problem has not been resolved.

If you have a meter see if you read 230 volts across the two outside wires where the cord connects to the dryer.