Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Have a Samsung Dishwasher DW8080F600UTS which just started

Customer Question

Have a Samsung Dishwasher DW8080F600UTS which just started shutting down after approx. 25 minutes each time I restart it. No excess water in the machine when I shut it off, it is draining OK, cleaned out the bottom of machine just in case but was clean, running vinegar thru it to see if that helps, but for some reason after 25 minutes of running the delicate light flashes and thats that. Checked for draining water and it does drain whatever water was in there during that 25 minutes. Suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

When the machine closes down at 25 minutes, do you hear the drain pump run to emty the machine?

Also is the water hot at this point?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water is hot pump working. Now two lights flashing. Normal and heavy. Nothing happening except pump seems to be going all the time but not water . Delicate light no longer flashing.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

It sounds like themachine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the floodguard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort toprotect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Pullmachine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tiltmachine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
Themachine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak andwill need to find it and rectify it .

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give that a try and attempt to reset it. Any idea on amount of water coming out with this maneuver? I can't seem to find any indication that there is a leak which is leaving the machine itself. Thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Maybe a pint

The machine is designed to leak into the base to switch on the pump, long before there is a leak on the floor

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helping you with this

Thanks

Rob