Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I moved into a house that came with an electrolux

Customer Question

I moved into a house that came with an electrolux refrigerator (model no. E123BC56ISO), the ice machine does not work. I asked the sellers about this before we purchased the house and they told us that they had it fixed several times by Electrolux authorized repair personnel and it kept breaking down. Is there anyway to get a permanent fix for this? It is out of warranty but I can purchase another extended warranty which would bring the same repair people and get us another few months until it breaks again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This icemaker is the worst icemaker on the market I'm sorry to say. There is no permanent fix other than to replace the refrigerator. The new refrigerators have removed this icemaker and come with a different style--but this model can not be retrofitted with the new style icemaker.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?