Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Certified Kitchen and Bath Designer
68915091

I have a B26FT70SNS bosch fridge with french door. Suddenly

Customer Question

I have a B26FT70SNS bosch fridge with french door. Suddenly the refer is warmer, and ice maker is not working. Temp is above icing point in ice maker and frdge is not cold enough.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me if you can hear the compressor running all the time?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Rob, it's ok, it's not a rush, fridge is like this since a couple of weeks... The compressor is not running all the time, like normal. Freezer is ok and there is no ice built up on coil and the small white plastic fan is running and the black turbine fan is running also, but may be not enough, I don't know. Seems more you climb on fridge more is warmer, ie freezer ok, meat level, ok, but the top shelf near water filter is very warm and ice maker is always above freezing point. Because we tried to put ice cube from grocery and it melt. I appreciate your help and I like the step by step method and hope to resolve the problem. I can send pictures, I have a multimeter and many Tools. Just let me know what to test...
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Rob, take your time, I'm sure we will find how to fix my fridge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob, just to follow up on my fridge because I plan to check it during the long weekend. Just to wrap up, if you split the fridge in 3 level. 1 = bottom freezer ok, 2= meat + fruit and vegatable ok and 3rd upper level no ice on left and just above freezing point and right top warm. Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rob, still waiting for you...
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Im sorry, I have had no response from my contacts for the schematic.

It seems like no one else here has it either, sorry.

Ill put the call out again

Rob

Expert:  Susan Latta replied 11 months ago.

How long have you had your refrigerator and where did you purchase it from?

Have you resolved the matter already?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We purchased the fridge barely used from a contractor's home demo 2 years ago and last august it suddenly stop making ice and the last 1/3 top of fridge become warmer (ok for food in meat drawer and fruit and vegetable level). Freezer OK A1 This week I opended the panel and find the fridge fan was not running, I put the 12v on red and black wire and fan is working. Checked also blue wire with a multimeter and ok but not for the yellow one under the aluminium sheild with the pink wire. I reinstalled the fan, and now working and we can now hear the alarm sound if we leave the door open for both door. Fridge temp is now ok BUT STILL NOT MAKING ANY ICE AND TEMP IS WARM INSIDE THE ICE MAKER.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND AGAIN IT'S NOT A RUSH, WE CAN GO STEP BY STEP, BUT I WANT TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM.

So it's a 2+ year old Bosch French door refrigerator purchased from a contractor's demo home. Are you wanting to fix these problems yourself?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm a technician in electronic surveillance and my neighbor is a frigorist. I just want to check the parts step by step and resolve the mystery. i.e. compressor ok, upper fan ok, next ???

Ok, that made me smile! You are enthused about doing this yourself!

Unfortunately, You are going to know more than I about the electronics and mechanics of a refrigerator. However, what I can do for you is to advise you on where you can find the resources to help you fix it,. I'm sorry, but I can't give you step by step directions. So I'll give you a few ideas on resources and then I'll tell you where we can go from here to get you the help your looking for.

1. You can call Bosch,(###) ###-#### ***** ask to speak to their repair technicians, I know they can help you.

2. Check the warranty, there's a 2 year warranty on defective components, 5 year warranty on defective electronics, Lifetime warranty on rust through. I suggest you read the warranty in it's entirety.

3. User Guides/Warranty/Customer Reviews: http://www.lowes.com/pd_149384-39047-B26FT70SNS___?Ntt=b26ft70sns+bosch+fridge+with+french+door&UserSearch=b26ft70sns+bosch+fridge+with+french+door&productId=3272011

4. Oh this is disappointing! Read the reviews for your fridge on the Lowe's site. It appears you are not the first to have problems with the ice maker!

But maybe between you and your neighbor can perform the necessary wizardry to fix the ice maker. But here is what else I'm going to suggest....

You need to re-enter your question with Just Answer under the category either "Appliance" or "Electric" where you can find the people to answer this question (It's listed as "home improvement" now). I plan on opting out of this question since I was unable to help, but it's still going to sit in the "Home Improvement" category and it was sitting there far too long anyway before I picked it up. The experts here can only pick up questions to the categories to which we applied for, so the right person wasn't seeing it.

You can just ditch this question and start a new one under the right category. You don't pay unless you give the expert a positive rating, so you will be fine.

Please don't rate me and just start a new question. The right person will see it and pick it up and offer you the assistance you need.

Thank you! And good luck!

Susan Latta

I would put the question in the "appliance" category.