Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

The door catch on my washer--the one on the machine--not on

Customer Question

The door catch on my washer--the one on the machine--not on the door is loose and so the closed door connection is not made. Lights do come on on the machine, but not the start light. How can I secure the catch?
Thank you,
Lori
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, make sure the screws that mount the lock to the frame are not to tight because that can cause this issue. The screws hold the lock to the frame. If you want to access the lock assembly, you do so through the top or front. Technicians will usually remove the door gasket and push it back enough to access the lock assembly. On the front of the door gasket is a metal band. Remove the band and spring and the front of the boot will pop off. It's actually very straight forward. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.