Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Miele novotronic w1930 washer Door needs to be slammed shut

Customer Question

miele novotronic w1930 washer Door needs to be slammed shut to activate door switch which powers it on. Replaced ridiculous priced door switch but problem still persists. Havnt tried replacing the actuator because it looks fine and it's also stupid expensive.
Ran into the same washer at a different house and it had the same problem so I'm guessing this is a design issue. Thanks David
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Does the hinge seem to be causing any issues, like maybe the door was bent back too far after opening? The lock, actuator and hinge are the only three things involved in the closing and locking of the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check the hinge, thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is common for people to use the door to stand up after loading the machine and it tends to bend the hinge. See if lifting up on the door as you close it makes it latch easier.