Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Tyler. I have a DCS range and like many, one of the burners

Customer Question

Good evening Tyler. I have a DCS range and like many, one of the burners won't stop clicking. It started when I did a deep cleaning with Oxy clean, so I am sure there is hardened powder somewhere. However, I have cleaned all of the elements many times, as well as the igniter (using stainless steel toothbrush and rubbing alcohol). If I hold a flame from a lighter to the igniter, it stops clicking. I noticed that all the other burners have 2 levels of flame - the primary heating flame and an underlying dull flame that comes in contact with the igniter. This burner only has the primary flame, but I can't figure out what is holding the underlying flame back. I have taken off the hex nut and cleaned every hole and orifice, but can't figure out where there could be a blockage
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Do you have the model number please?

Thanks

Rob