Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 2 year old LG (Kenmore) refrigerator-freezer

Customer Question

http://www.justanswer.com/sip/LG?ofid=51
I have a 2 year old LG (Kenmore) refrigerator-freezer (bottom drawer freezer), model # ***** SN 306MRWV05625. For several days before and after we removed some ice that had formed on the back panel of the freezer, there was a loud humming or buzzing that occurred while the compressor was cooling both the refrig and freezer compartments. Temperatures were maintained at the right temps in both areas the entire time, before and after removing the accumulated ice. When I pushed on the back freezer panel from the inside, it almost eliminated the sound but not 100%. The sound disappeared late last night, and all today it was no longer noticeable. What's going on? Should I be calling a repairman?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service, please be patient as it takes time for me to type, add links and research your issue. I will get back to you as soon as I can thanks!

The noise is pretty common the blow fan to the left behind the freezer panel is likely making the noise. Often they get iced up and you need to remove the back panel on the unit to completely clear it out and check for blockages on it or it will return. It is fixable and not that expensive to repair so you may want to get a tech out to check it out as it is very common on that unit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page to rate my service. This will allow you to get directly back to me for FREE followup questions anytime and tips are greatly appreciated thank you!