Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag msd2651kes has stopped cooling the refrigerator and

Customer Question

maytag msd2651kes has stopped cooling for both the refrigerator and freezer. I have the back panel of and the fan is working, but the compressor is real hot even after unplugged for 45 min.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service, please be patient as it takes time for me to type, add links and research your issue. I will get back to you as soon as I can thanks!

Ok then the compressor is either bad or the relay that is mounted to the left side of the compressor is bad. Here is a link to the relay as they often fail causing this issue. If you slide the relay off and it sounds like sand is in it when you shake it, then it is bad for sure. Now that black one may not sound like there is sand in it and is likely just bad...CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page to rate my service. This will allow you to get directly back to me for FREE followup questions anytime and tips are greatly appreciated thank you!