Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have aFISHER PAYKEL GWL11-96151 Model. The lights on the

Customer Question

have aFISHER PAYKEL GWL11-96151 Model. The lights on the display panel come on and then nothing happens when you hit the Start button.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service, please be patient as it takes time for me to type, add links and research your issue. I will get back to you as soon as I can thanks!

If you unplug it for 15 seconds and plug it back in do the lights scroll across with the beeping?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT TRIED TO START MAKING NOISES

WHat noises did it make?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LIKE IT WAS TRYING TO WORK 4 MINS THEN LIGHTS 2 ON RINSE 2ND LIGHT ON BEEP BEEP

Ok on the console can you show me what lights are on???? do this mark X for a light on and O for a light off there are I believe 8 inidcators so show me like this....XX0000XX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WASH LIGHT #1 BEEP BETWEEN RINSE SPIN MIDDLE LIGHT ON BEEPING

Follow these steps to get into diagnostics, report what you find:

1. With the power off, press and hold Wash Temp Down, then press Power at the same. The machine should beep twice and panel lights should come on. Release the buttons.

2. Press Spin Speed Up three times. The Slow and Hold lights should be on. If you miss it, use the Spin Speed Up and Down buttons to get the right lights on. The Wash Progress lights then indicate what is the last fault code via binary numbers. Add up the numbers per each light that is on to get the fault code. The numbers from left to right are 128, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, and 1. For example if the 3rd, 4th, and last lights are on, the code is 32 + 16 + 1 = 49.

3. Press the Power button to exit diagnostic mode when done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WASH PROGRESS LIGHT ON FEW MIN RINSE LIGHT ON THEN BEEPS OFF

You have a bad main control board on the unit. There are two screws on the back edge of the console (phillips) the console will rock up towards you exposing the main control board. The part # ***** likely be a 420094USP marked on top of it is it?

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page to rate my service. This will allow you to get directly back to me for FREE followup questions anytime and tips are greatly appreciated thank you!