Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whrilpool washer model WTW5640XW0 trying to clear pump drain

Customer Question

whrilpool washer model WTW5640XW0 white trying to clear pump drain on the basket and repair parts list have part # ***** w10291416 removed. thinking that part # ***** needs to come out next part w 10291415 to get part # ***** out. I cannot break part 8 out. are i seeing this wrong
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You are correct. Just unscrew the bolts going into part 8 and then pry that ring (part 8) off. That is the locking ring to hold part 9 on the the shaft. Once you remove the ring, part 9 widens out a bit and you can pry that off and then the entire inner basket pulls out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are no bolts on part 8
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There should be 6 screws holding that part onto the base of the tub.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The 6 screws are shown as part number 7 in the diagram. They only show 1 in the diagram, but there are 6 that go around holding this part onto the base of the tub.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there out
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK then that ring pulls up and of that the screws were holding. You just pry under it with a flat head screwdriver. After that, you just have part 9 which pries out as well and then the entire tub pulls out. At this point is just brute force.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

good luck. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
change the plate screws to allen wrench for ease of operation. good
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can do that if you'd like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the base the six screws are Phillips and strip out very easily
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I understand. But I don't understand why you are telling me this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fyi
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure if you know this but I work on these appliances regularly as well so I know all too well how easy they strip out.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?