Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My 10199645 was intermittent few weeks and now will simply

Customer Question

my 10199645 was intermittent for a few weeks and now will simply not start - no lights anywhere
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The number you have listed is a part number. Can I get the full model number to better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MD8H949AWB1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wHAT HAPPENS NEXT????
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect, thank you. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

CLICK HERE for video

Below is a link to the fuse (it looks different than the video) if you need to order it since that's the most likely culprit.

CLICK HERE for fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT 3"X3" sheet metal box - and I can't seem to view your video
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you just remove the kick panel and locate the power cord coming from your house under the dishwasher. It will go into a little box that is either sheet metal or plastic cover you can remove.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I watched the video - I can see that you have a comprehensive site and competent people. I thought It was going to be simpler than this. I am 80 yrs old and just won't be able to follow these directions I am going to have to engage a tech to come out. Can you back me out as a customer and return the $28? As seniors this is an important appliance to us. I would be willing to pay something for my false start. Or should I bring the matter up with PayPal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel any and all subscriptions. At 80 I did not fully understand everything. I am sorry for that. bye