RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

My dometic RM2652 quit freezing and cooling. It will not

Customer Question

My dometic RM2652 quit freezing and cooling. It will not switch to gas, to continue working. It has a climate control switch, when I switch it on the light on the top panel goes completely out. When i switch it off the light is dim. This switch shows only auto manual.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

This sounds like it could be the upper control board or lower circuit board or the switch for the climate control. To start I would verify the DC voltage going into the fridge, it needs to be above 11 volts. Next I would check all the connectors on the circuit board, the circuit board will be located under the outside access panel. IF you have a volt meter you can do some testing. Click HERE for a service manual, it should help. Most RV shops will also have a PAL tester to see if the upper control panel or lower circuit board is at fault... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had to take it to dealer, found I had a dead battery. This fixed the problem.
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

OK

I am glad the issue is resolved, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a rating, IF you would like a refund please let me know I am find in whatever you decide.... Robert