Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have GE freezer FUF14SVRWW upright in garage about 3 years.

Customer Question

Have GE freezer FUF14SVRWW upright in garage about 3 years. Stopped running last night. Light works, control panel is activated. Does not repsond to pressing "cooler" button only "warmer". May not have been giving it the proper clearance on left side and top (stuff on it). Checked back and everything appears fine. help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like your display control board has just failed and needs to be replaced. This is by far the most common part that fails on this freezer so you can try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, but if that doesn't work then your control board has just failed since the cooler button won't respond. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order---this has nothing to do with not having enough clearance just for reference.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Will the part come with install instructions?. Is it difficult to replace? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I see you requested a phone call so I'll send you that option now, but it's not difficult to replace at all. You just slide a putty knife behind the trim around the control panel and the door. Then push in toward the center of the control panel on the hidden plastic clips and that will release the control panel so you can pull it out and replace it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?