Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Cred a cooker regulator. Bought replacement as you suggested

Customer Question

Cred a cooker regulator. Bought replacement as you suggested for my cred a 48342 but spade fittings do T quite marry up.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cooker appears to have yellow wire to p2, purple to s2, red to p1, white to 4, black to 2 and light blue to an unmarked spade next to black cable.
My replacement all the above , some doubled up. Also found some sites saying it needs a link wire which my replacement didn't have.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Are you saying that the markings on the regulator arent the same?

Can you send me a link to the part you bought?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered- http://shop.domesticappliance.biz/energy-regulator-creda-product-code-c00229540-1731-p.asp
just noticed web page says it should come with link wire and leaflet- but it hasn't and what has arrived has code ELE4115 on it and this can be found here-
http://www.janesltd.co.uk/generic/website.asp?page=product&liwCode=101071
It is described as a a Universal fit and should work on my Creda 48342
This website http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/c00229540-cooker-hotplate-grill-regulator has exactly same regulator and shows a pic of leaflet.
So do I need link wire and where do the connectors go, as i can't see where the light blue one should attach.
Thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks

The regulator you ordered is a repalcement part. I am guessing the original is n longer available.

You do indeed need the link wire and the leaflet to show how to connect this

I am afraid you will need to contact the supplier and ask them to supply the missing parts.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,
It is the wire placement that I am asking about really. Appears there is 1 wire too many on original regulator. The guy who sold me the part says the regulator was updated to include the link wire in the product so is no longer needed, but wiring is not so simple. Leaflets say P1 - P1, P2 - P2, S2 - S2, 4 - 4 and 2-2 but that leaves a light blue wire which I can trace to the light on the front indicating top oven in use (ie, as grill). Light blue wire from top oven regulator also goes to this bulb.
So what do I wire the light blue spade connector on to?
Regards
Rich
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been a week now Rob. No reply. Any news on this regulator?
Regards
Rich
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Im sorry, there has been no response to my enquiry, and no one else here seems to be able to help.

Ill put the call out again

Rob