Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a kitchen Aide under the counter Ice machine. It

Customer Question

I have a kitchen Aide under the counter Ice machine. It makes ice hit or miss. If I unplug it and then plug it back it, it will make ice but then over a few cycles the ice bin becomes warm and melts the ice. The cutter is warm and almost hot to the touch and doesn't seem to be turning off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, does the unit seem to be running when it gets warm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Usually not. The Fan and Circulation pump are off

Ok the unit may be getting stuck in harvest, does it seem to get stuck and stay in harvest after dumping a batch of cubes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually it it does.

Ok that is pretty common on that unit you need to replace the computer board, they often fail for that issue. It is part #5 at this link...CLICK HERE

Just make sure the model number ends in JBLO as there are many different models...I just looked up the JBLO one....for you.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page to rate my service. This will allow you to get directly back to me for FREE followup questions anytime and tips are greatly appreciated thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great! I had suspected the circuit board but wanted to talk to someone who actually knew what they were talking about instead of my relying on my limited DIY skill. Thanks so much!

No problem just confirm the model number completely off the unit so you get the correct board....

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That control you need is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

If you need anything else let me know thanks