Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Samsung Rf217 and one of our crisper drawers keeps

Customer Question

We have a Samsung Rf217 and one of our crisper drawers keeps getting water in it. We are trying to remove the back panel. There is thick styrofoam behind it. We are having trouble getting the panel off. We have been using a hair dryer. Any other ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

A hair dryer is definitely the way to speed up the process, but there is just ice that holds the styrofoam onto the silver coil so it can take hours to thaw it out enough to remove the panel. The only other option is to just unplug the unit for 24 hours to allow it to thaw out on it's own.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?