Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have new ge induction cooktop, I cooked dinner on three of

Customer Question

I have new ge induction cooktop, I cooked dinner on three of the five eyes last note , for first time this got up and put pot on largest eye ,it ran for just going enough to get the water almost boiling and then shut down, tried two other ones that I used last night on right side of cooktop and they did same thing , only two on left side will stay on and cook , sometime after we quit messing with it a fan or something has come on under the counter under the cooktop, and won't quit running, and its been hrs since we used it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, unplug the cooktop or flip the breaker for 2-3 minutes. Does the fan shut off when you turn the breaker back on or plug it back in?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it did, what next?

Do all the burners work now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned it back on and fan stopped, but three of burners will only run for a few seconds

Yes, you have a faulty inverter power control board. It's the only thing that would cause this issue. I've seen it several times.

You will need to have it replaced or have them exchange the unit for you. You will have to have an authorized company come out and fix it since it's under a year old. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks ,dang its brand new used it once last night and tried to cook breakfast on it

Yes, sorry to hear that. I wish I had better news for you. I've seen this issue a couple times now. Good luck to you.We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your services were very prompta nd helpful, thanks

You're most welcome. Please remember to rate my answer positively so I'm credited for my work. Thank you We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.