Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My samsung french door model rf267aabp freezer section is

Customer Question

My samsung french door model rf267aabp freezer section is not working, refrigerator section is working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, is the fan on the back by the compressor running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is the fan in the freezer running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the fan in freezer located? How do I check?

It's behind the back panel inside the freezer section. Are you able to remove the back panel inside the freezer? It sounds like you have a freon or compressor issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't hear the compressor kicking on. The refrigerator part is showing 36 degrees and freezer is showing 55 degrees. I will tell my husband where to check the freezer fan. He won't be home for about an hour and a half. How do we tell if is compressor? How expensive and how hats is it to replace?

You have to have special tools to tell if it's the compressor or a freon leak. You have to have special tools to replace the compressor. Check the use and care manual. Most of these units have a five year warranty on the sealed system which is the compressor and freon.We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is much more than 5 years old and fee was deducted from my account prior to my question being posted. Lol. Do you know about how much a repairman will charge to replace compressor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it something worth fixing or a new refrigerator cheaper?

If you end up needing the compressor, it will cost roughly $600 to fix. A new unit would be cheaper. Without the proper tools the only way to verify is by looking at the frost pattern on the evaporator inside the freezer behind the very back panel. The evaporator should have 1/16 frost pattern from top to bottom. Yours most likely does not. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have my husband look when he gets home.

Sounds great. Good luck with your repair. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do we get the drawer out to get to the back panel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Inside freezer back panel is off. No fan running and no frost anywhere. Still dont have drawer off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does it mean if no fan running and no frost?

Sorry. That drawer lifts up and off. That means you have a compressor or a freon issue for sure. I figured as much. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.