Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Lid lock just clicks and will not engage on Cabrio

Customer Question

Lid lock just clicks and will not engage on Cabrio WTW5600XW0 Unable to run diagnostic after repeated attempts
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for using this service I will be assisting you today. When you respond to me sometimes it may take me a bit to respond back as I am researching your issue and it takes time to type so please be patient.

Does the knob light up around so you can appear to select a cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK try diagnostics again.....There is a trick to doing this...rotate the knob 2 times counter clockwise stopping at the 12 oclock position....then go very slowly 3 clicks forward(clockwise) 1 click(counterclockwise) 1 click Clockwise) you have to go slow between I mean fairly slow...try it again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it several times and nothing. After doing so the lights are on showing what aspects of cycle are selected

OK then you have a bad main board, which is actually really common on that unit. That is the main board in the console. Replace that and you should be good to go. I replace them all the time and when they will not enter diagnostics they are bad for sure. Here is a link to yours..CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page to rate my service. This will allow you to get directly back to me for FREE followup questions anytime and tips are greatly appreciated thank you!