Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a fridgidaire FPHB2899LF4 with ice maker in the

Customer Question

I have a fridgidaire FPHB2899LF4 with ice maker in the fridge. I had wet clumped ice in it. Found a crack in the tray, thought water was leaking. Changed the tray assembly still getting wet clumped ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Ice cubes can clump because of increased moisture due to a bad dispenser seal or gaps on in the freezer-door gasket (the rubber that seals to the freezer cabinet — try rubbing Vaseline on its face if it’s not sealing.) You’ll know bad seals are the culprit if there’s frost on the cubes.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the ice maker is in the fridge not the freezer. I did not see any rubber seal on the ice maker. Are you saying that the seal on the bottom freezer is the cause of the ice being wet in the ice maker that is in the fridge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with the sealed system. That is a very common problem with these units. The ice maker has its own evaporator (number 23 in the diagram at the link below). There have been several service bulletins published on this issue, I would recommend you call for professional on site repair.

CLICK HERE