Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How is the fill level adjusted on a 10364659 (modular) ice

Customer Question

How is the fill level adjusted on a 10364659 (modular) ice maker? I have removed the large square cover on the ice maker
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok with the cover removed you will see a small white hexagon screw on the right side of the front, it is right in the middle. Turn that screw in 1/8 turn increments clockwise to reduce the fill time.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page to rate my service. This will allow you to get directly back to me for FREE followup questions anytime and tips are greatly appreciated thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This ice maker does not have an adjustment screw. It is on a Jenn air JCF2089WEM9 cabinet depth french door refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. The Ice maker is W10364659. After removing the outer and inner cover, there is no adjustment screw, however; two of the contacts below the main gear are on slots.

Can yo take a picture of the front of the icemaker and upload it here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here they are

That is the newer one and does not have an adjustment for fill time on it, you would have to get a new icemaker to correct this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This a new ice maker, there appears to be the ability to move the two pins in the slots. Is it possible that the fill time can be adjusted by changing their position? I find it hard to believe that there is no way to adjust the fill level on this type of ice maker.

What pins are you seeing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The two pins in slots directly below the main gear in jpeg 561. The outer cover has contacts that allow these pins to be in different positions while still making contact.

Yes if you have pins move them closer together that should shorten the fill time, I just did not and still can not see them in the picture...sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which pin should I move?

Can you send me a pic of the pins and I can tell you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go

Move the larger one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both pins are exactly the same size

It must be the picture are you seeing some small pins on the large gear

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a close up of the pins I am talking about. What functions are controlled by the positions of these pins?

OH NO those are the heater pins....this one is not adjustable you need to get a new icemaker some of these are not.

Do you have a picture of the backside of the cover you took off I can check one last spot for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a new part, the pins engage the wide contacts in the center of the attached photo

Yes the pins are for the heater, the part that fills is actually that molded peg off the main white gear that hits the fill switch in the icemaker front(one of the black switches for about 3-5 seconds so you could try and shave that down, but really that is a fixed icemaker assembly with no fill adjustment for sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The same part number ice maker did not have a problem with overflowing the ice tray prior to the motor dying, I am hesitant to buy another ice maker for fear that it will have the same problem. Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent the ice maker from over flowing?

If the icemaker is overflowing the valve could be sticking and could be the whole issue, but it may just be a bad new icemaker you have received.