Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a jenn-air jed8430adb, the downdraft doesn't seem to

Customer Question

Hi, I have a jenn-air jed8430adb, the downdraft doesn't seem to work. It is missing the fan knob but I can turn it with needle nose pliers so I don't think that is it. It was unplugged underneath, but I have plugged it in now and it still doesn't work.
It is hardwired to the electricity in the house. I can't find another button or anything to push to turn it on, any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The only thing in between the power outlet and the motor is the switch. If you can test power at the motor and it is not present, the switch (speed control) is faulty. The wiring diagram is shown at the link below.

CLICK HERE