Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator/freezer (Model jfc2089bep)

Customer Question

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator/freezer (Model jfc2089bep) and the freezer over-temperature warning beep is going off (it is at 19F, set for 0F). I have made sure the freezer door is closed (it might have been ajar) but I can't see how to turn off the beeping. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the only way to get it to stop for a few minutes is to press the temp alarm button in for 3-5 seconds. If that does not work, you have a cooling issue. The fan could have failed, one of the defrost components could be faulty or the compressor may have an issue.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was great - thanks

Awesome. You're most welcome. Happy to help We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.